So I did some inventing this week, I’ve had 12 weeks off work now. Just starting to get myself back on my feet after my mental health crisis and I’m finding that every new day my creativity is coming back. I spent the whole day cooking and inventing and came up with these and they are scrummy so enjoy. These are vegan, gluten free and dairy free 🙂
You will need:
A blender, a baking tray with sides, greaseproof paper, an oil, saucepan and a bowl that doesn’t touch the water when placed on top, a wooden spoon.
Good quality dark chocolate 70% + (for all you vegans and dairy free people, check for no milk solids)
A mixture of nuts: (I used hazelnuts, blanched almonds, walnuts, pecans) but you can choose any nuts you like.
Dried fruit: I used raisins and those small packs of urban dried strawberries
Sprinkles for the top: Linseed, sunflower seed, small dried fruit flakes
- Put any large nuts in a blender/chopper until they are in bite size pieces. You can also chop them up if you don’t have access to a blender.
- Put all nuts in a bowl to one side, Leave the sprinkles separately.
- Break your dark chocolate into a bowl and melt over a pan of boiling water.
- Do not leave the chocolate unattended and remove from the pan carefully as soon as it has nearly melted.
- Wait 2/3 minutes for the chocolate to cool and mix with the nuts
- Whilst you wait for the chocolate to cool, prepare your tin.
- Oil the tin and place the greaseproof paper into the tin and push down until its held fast.
- Pour the chocolate into the nuts mixture and stir well.
- Pour and scrape the mixture into the tin you have prepared.
- Sprinkle the toppings you have left to one side on top and push in with a knife until they are held fast.
- Place in the fridge for a few hours
- ENJOY 🙂