Okay, so this changes every time I make it and becomes a little better each time. I’ve had decent feedback from gluten eaters that this tastes good! (Thanks Jenny!) Originally this was a flatbread recipe I found online, I can’t remember where I found it but it sucked as a flatbread! It does make awesome pizza base however and you can be eating pizza within 20 minutes! This recipe is paleo, vegan and gluten free.
54g of almond flour
54g of tapioca flour
1 pinch of sea salt
Lukewarm water – I never measure this! you need enough to bring it into a ball but not too wet. I think its normally around 150ml – 200ml but use your judgement.
1/2 a tablespoon of olive oil added to the water.
- mix the flours together and the salt
- add the water and oil combination until the mixture comes into a ball. Add slowly and if you add too much water add more almond flour until it comes back together.
- Take the ball you formed, roll into a ball and place on a glass/ non stick baking tray or a sheet of baking paper.
- DO NOT ROLL OUT WITH A ROLLING PIN, this is a gluten free pizza base and it will get stuck and fall apart.
- Use your hands to push the ball into a pizza shape to the thickness of your choosing. I normally create a thin crust for this recipe
- Place into the oven to bake for about 5-6 mins just to solidify the base.
- Prepare your pizza toppings and this is where you can get inventive.
- Remove the pizza base, add the base sauce and your choice of cheese and toppings.
- Place back in the oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until its cooked to your liking.
- Be aware that the base may be still a bit soft this is normal and does not mean its not cooked, its the nature of the flours.
- ENJOY 🙂